This family became known during the period of the Communes thanks to its wood trading activities. Moreover, the family committed itself with diligence and dedication to enhancing the rural environment and this estate was turned into a real "agronomical park". In 1523 – when the Renaissance was at its peak – the estate passed to the Strozzi family.
At that time being the "Grand Duke of Florence and Tuscany"; so Il Corno became their summer house. Since 1911 it is owned by the Counts Frova Arroni di Arrone, who carried on all its traditional agronomic activities – oil and wine production – with diligence and commitment, in a perfect union between high technology, traditional methods and respect for the environment.
Towards the end of the 1990s some of the main country houses of the estate were restored and renovated and today they serve as accommodation for our guests. There are rooms and apartments - partly made up of original pieces – where tradition, elegance and simplicity create a real magic atmosphere. Here you will spend very relaxing holidays, sun baths or swimming in one of our pools surrounded by our big park. Enjoy some of our delicious typical food and drinking one of our fine wines !!. Finally, the Villa represents a romantic Renaissance-style location where to celebrate weddings, parties , meetings, conventions and any other events.